The Finance Committee
The Finance Committee is the organization’s treasury, appointed by the Board of Directors. The Director of Finance shall serve as the chairperson of the Finance Committee.
Subsection One: Structure
The Finance Committee shall consist of:
- The Director of Finance
- The Director of Student Organizations
- Two (2) Treasurers
- The Secretary/Treasurer
Subsection Two: Responsibilities
The Finance Committee shall:
- Prepare the FIT Student Government Association annual initial budget and submit it to the Board of Directors for approval before being sent to the Student Senate for final approval;
- Attend all weekly Finance Committee meetings, Student Senate meetings, and financial trainings;
- Review, adjust, and approve or deny weekly budget requests under $10,000 (budget requests of $10,000 or more will be reviewed, adjusted, and submitted to the Board of Directors for final approval);
- Review, adjust, and approve or deny all budget requests;
- Review the allocation of additional funds upon request; and
- Ensure the proper use of allocated funds.
Subsection Three: The Treasurers (2)
The duties of the treasurers shall be to:
- Process and sign all requisitioned transactions, withdrawals, and deposits for all FIT Student Government Association clubs, organizations, and publications;
- Assist will all financial meetings for FIT Student Government Association clubs, organizations, and publications:
- Communicate with clubs leaders regarding financial inquires;
- Keep track of all receipts and expenditures;
- Present weekly treasurer reports during Finance Committee meetings;
- Work collaboratively to equally share responsibilities between treasurers ;
- Meet regularly with the Financial Advisor of the Department of Student Life;
- Serve on the FIT Student Government Association Budget Committee; and
- Perform other duties defined by the chair on behalf of the finance Committee.
Subsection Four: The Advisor
The advisor will be appointed by the Director of Student Life. The duties of the advisor shall be to:
- Attend all Finance Committee Meetings and
- Assist the Committee in carrying out its duties and responsibilities.